Here at the gardenshop we offer tips and advice on how to make your garden looking its best all year round. There are so many ways & ideas to make your garden work better and look better with a little time and effort. For those who have unsightly oil or water tanks in their garden you should consider screening them with some garden trellis
This is a one or two hour job that anyone can do. Below is a step by step guide on how to install a garden trellis Screen:
- Measure the length & height of your oil tank. For this you will need a 5M measuring tap. Measure the length & note it as this will determine how much trellis you need
- What you will need:
Sand & Cement
- What tools you will need:
A spirit level
- Determine the position of your posts. Remember the width of your trellis sections. This will most likely be 1200mm. This means you should space your posts 1200mm apart.
- Dig foundation holes to a depth of 30cm, and approx. 20cm wide. This will allow ample space for your timber posts and concrete filling
- Positioning of posts must be spot on. First – place the first post in the foundation hole, ensure post in upright, level & a suitable distance from the oil tank
- Place some larger stones around the timber post and wedge the post in place
- Next back fill the hole slowly with your cement & sand mix – As you back fill, use the spirit level to ensure the post in upright & straight. Once the post is in position you can move one to the second post
- Measure the distance to the next post. Place a marker such as a section of timber to mark the exact position of the next post. This should be exactly the length of the trellis section
- Position the second post – ensuring that the base of the post is in the correct position. Take your time at this step as it will determine the success of the trellis screen
- Once the posts are in place & the concrete foundation has dried you can tackle the job of fixing the trellis sections to the posts
- Use a drill to fix the trellis to the posts.